An incident-based FIR was filed against protesting doctors for allegedly damaging public property and under the Epidemic Disease Act at the IP Estate police station, following protests on Monday.
However, no doctor has been detained or arrested.
Resident doctors from the Federation of Resident Doctors Associations (FORDA) held a protest march from Safdarjung hospital to the Union’s Ministry of Health on Tuesday, December 28.
“Jana Gana Mana”
Around 2,500 # Resident Doctors detained at Sarojini Nagar #Police station, Delhi walking towards @MoHFW_INDIA # ExpediteNEETPGCounselling2021 @PMOIndia @mansukhmandviya @ Drvirendrakum13 @MSJEGOI @barcouncilindia @ANI @MirrorNow @ndtv pic.twitter.com/PHb0kpV74x
– FORDA INDIA (@FordaIndia) December 27, 2021
Here’s what has happened in the Doctors’ protest so far:
1) Resident doctors at hospitals across the country have protested as part of the Federation of Resident Doctors Associations (FORDA) against the delay of the NEET PG 2021 council.
2) In the first phase, doctors from the GDR went on strike between November 27 and December 8. However, when they got assurances from the central government about the pending NEET PG 2021 council request, they withdrew their strike call.
– Dr ALOK MITTAL (@dr_alokmittal) December 28, 2021
3) Several petitions, challenging the EWS quota in the All India Quota (AIQ) for the NEET PG 2021 council, are pending before the Supreme Court. Doctors have also called for the counseling and admission process to be speeded up.
4) On December 17, FORDA again called a national strike and withdrew from all medical services.
READ ALSO | Resident doctors at six Delhi hospitals join protest against NEET delay
5) The protest escalated further on December 21 when resident doctors from six other Delhi hospitals – Safdarjung Hospital, Lok Nayak Hospital, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Lady Hardinge Hospital – joined the protest. protests outside Nirman Bhavan over NEET-PG 2021 delay and other issues.
6) The strike was more intense at Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi, from where doctors held a protest march to the Union Health Ministry on Tuesday.
seven) Delhi police on Monday arrested several medical residents marching to the Supreme Court in protest over the delay in NEET 2021 advice. FORDA claimed they had been subjected to “police brutality” and called it “a day. black in the history of medical fraternity ”. He condemned the police action and announced that all health facilities would be completely closed from Tuesday.
Doctors placed a banner outside IHBAS Hospital in Delhi mentioning their problems and requests in Hindi.
– Hemant Rajaura (@hemantrajora_) December 28, 2021
8) Every time FORDA has called a strike, patients have suffered. Many, some with children, had to return home without treatment. People are welcome to visit private facilities. The agitation sustained by FORDA is causing routine surgeries to be postponed and emergency departments overloaded.
9) FORDA on Tuesday called on the RDA to shut down medical services at Chacha Nehru Hospital after Tuesday’s confrontation with Delhi police.
ten) Police registered an FIR against the protesting doctors, but no arrests were made.